R. Seth Hudson, JD grew up in Philadelphia, attended Boston University and Widener University School of Law. He practiced law in Philadelphia for 10 years, focused on corporate, real estate, estates and trusts, and tax law. For the next 15 years managed commercial/industrial real estate portfolios for several retail companies. He joined New York Life in 2011. He became a founding partner of Bidwell Hudson Insurance Agency LLC in 2016.
Seth is licensed to offer life insurance in Michigan, Ohio and many other states. He is also licensed to offer investments with FINRA series 6, series 63 and series 7 licenses.
Seth, his wife Marcy and daughter Juliet have lived in Perrysburg, Ohio since 1999. He enjoys living in his adopted hometown and tries to give back in as many ways as possible.
- He has been on the organizing committee of the MS Society’s Bike to the Bay for 15+ years.
- He is an usher at Perrysburg St. Rose Church and a third-degree Knight of Columbus.
- He served for 5+ years on the City of Perrysburg Planning Commission.
- He is a board member of the Way Library Foundation and friends, and a member of its Finance Committee.
- He is a member of Perrysburg BNI.
- He is a board member of the Toledo chapter of the Society of Financial Services Professionals.
His favorite quote is, “A year from now, you’ll wish you’d started today.”
R. SETH HUDSON, JD
Originally from New York State, Barry and his family moved to Perrysburg, Ohio in 1985 because of his dad’s career.
Barry attended Perrysburg Schools, participating in sports, volunteer work and a college prep course load. After graduating high school, he first attended Owens Community College, majoring in business, then went on to the University of Toledo, also with a business major.
Barry’s professional career began in 1998 when he started working at a local insurance agency. He loved the insurance industry, as it gave him an opportunity to work with people every day — not to mention being able to help the public when they needed it the most. Starting in customer service within the agency, he developed into an insurance producer, continually acquiring valuable skills and experience.
Working in and around just about every role within an agency has shaped Barry into the agency owner he is today. From making the coffee in the morning to sales and service, he’s created his own style to most efficiently help and retain his clients. There’s no doubt about it: Barry loves his calling.
His personal and professional experience also extends into many other areas:
- He participates in the local Perrysburg BNI chapter and five local-area Chambers of Commerce.
- He’s a member of St. Rose Church in Perrysburg.
- He volunteers for local groups like Project E.R. and Just Pancakes, and he works with local shelters like Toledo’s Family
- House and St. Paul’s Community Center.
The part of Barry’s life he is most proud of is his family. He and his fiancee, Lauren, have four children — ranging in age from 5 to 14, all attending Anthony Wayne Local Schools. They are the light of his life, keeping him very busy outside of the office. Barry enjoys time at home with his family, traveling to destinations near home and abroad and exploring the great city of Toledo. He feels like Toledo is a great place to raise a family and grow his business.